Saturday 21 May 2011

English Breakfast Pizza

 
It is Faturday, I fancied a fry up, so I made English Breakfast Pizza. Which is actually healthier, kind of. The ones I made today were vegetarian but a meat one would be great too. If I was making a meat English Breakfast Pizza it would have to have black pudding on (Or if I make more vegetarian ones I might have to get hold of some V Pud). I am not convinced a recipe is necessary (except for the deconstructed hashbrown) but there is one after the jump anyway...



English Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients
1 Fluffy Potato
Pizza Base (Or Make Your Own)
1 Tin of Baked Beans
4 Cherry Tomatoes
8 Baby Button Mushrooms
2 Sausages (I used vegetarian sausages)
2 Rashers of Bacon (I used vegetarian bacon)
A Little Olive Oil
1 Egg
Seasoning and HP Sauce (If you want)


Preheat the oven to gasmark 6\200°C. Cut the potato in half and boil for about 5 minutes (the potato should just be getting vaguely soft on the outside). Drain and leave to cool. Cook the sausages (fry, grill, bake). Spread baked beans on Pizza in a ring leaving a hole in the centre which will hold the egg later. Slice up the sausages, cut the tomatoes in half, cut or tear bacon into smallish bits. Arrange tomatoes, mushrooms, sausages and bacon on the pizza (still leaving the centre clear).Grate the potato and mix with a little olive oil. Sprinkle the "deconstructed hash brown" over the pizza. Look at how it pretends to be cheese. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Then remove the pizza from the oven crack an egg in to the centre (I like a dash of Tabasco and balsamic vinegar on my eggs, but however you please) and return it to the oven for a further 10 to 15 minutes (or until the egg is cooked how you like it).


Eat it, feel fat and a little sick but satisfied.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. You must make one for us when you are next in Falmouth. hugs Dad

    ReplyDelete